What we do
Some of the CYC achievements over the last two years include:
- Private meeting with HRH Prince Harry to share experiences of living with HIV and discuss awareness raising around HIV
- Won scholarships and presented at the IAC in Durban (2016)
- Meeting Public Health England to discuss HIV stigma
- Appearing on Women's Hour (Radio 4), BBC West News, two broad sheet articles and Radio One's Children in Need stories
- Meeting MPs and Peers to talk about children living with HIV and the issues they face
- Regular speaking slots at numerous health conferences including CHIVA, BHIVA, NHIVNA, FHIVA, Royal Society of Medicine
- Co-facilitating a Sexual Health Workshop Training Session for Healthcare Professionals.
- Developing a 'Your Rights' wallet sized card with advice for young people in the event they are arrested for alleged transmission of HIV
- Developing a young people friendly Medicine Side Effects Information Sheet
- Delivering a workshop about Peer Support in Health Settings for 'National Voices'
- Presenting their Twitter anti-stigma campaign at the IAC in Melbourne (2014)
The CYC is currently funded by BBC Children in Need until 2017.